Saturday, August 27

snowman and friend

1snow

last winter, while living at home i Elsinore, the snow was perfect and I spent an afternoon building this snowman. his expression is a little mean. I love being in the snow. it makes me feel like I'm 9 again and while rolling big balls of snow it's hard to think of anything else than how and where to roll next. afterwards I was pretty beat, but it was all worth it. every time I went outside to smoke, the snowman had changed in some way.

2snow

here he's put on a little snow hat.

4snow

one day Thomas had built him a friend and I think it made my snowman a little less mean towards it all; he looked happier and a bit more shy.

5snow

one night Thomas had put candles inside my snowman's friend's head, so his face was lighting up the garden. I thought he would surely melt, but he survived the night.

6snow

one night it looked as if I'd seen the last of both of them, but...

8snow

they both lived on, fatter and, I guess, happier.

3snow

Thomas also built a snow wall for a snow house, but I didn't get a good picture while it was still intact, and the roof was never built.

7snow

and then it melted.
hopefully it will snow a lot again this winter.

No comments: