Wednesday, January 4

reading while it's raining

12read

12rain

almost done reading King's Dreamcatcher on my Kindle, for which I haven't really had time during the holidays, so it's neat being able to just read and nothing else (apart from eating chocolate cookies).

my Christmas was one of the loveliest in a long time, and I think it has something to do with my state of mind; less weary and somehow more aware. my mother outdid herself with the Christmas dinner and just being at home was so cozy. we drank gin/tonics and red wine, and I was so full all the time that I didn't eat more than a single caramel, which is really weird for me. for dinner two days later I made the best goddamned leek pie I've ever eaten - felt so proud and full.

the days in between Christmas and New Year's were spent in Århus, in Lars' new two-storey apartment, with great food and homemade Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream. his girlfriend is 5 months pregnant with my new baby brother, so we drank wine on her behalf and smoked our cigarettes outside (she's a high school teacher, so she loves her wine/tobacco). we talked about names for the baby and no one agreed on any names, so I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope he's not a Brian.

New Year's Eve was spent at Tine and Simon's place on Amager, and I had such a good time. it was my first time meeting some of their friends, so at first I felt so, so awkward. I think everyone felt a little bit awkward, but somehow everything is less awkward when someone points out how awkward it really is. after that both funny, sad and inappropriate topics were discussed until about 4 am. Hugh from England had studied something or other called Norse Languages or something like it and Hiroko from L.A. is married to a Dane, so the conversation switched between Danish and English a whole lot. Hiroko and David have just moved to Copenhagen from Fanø, and I'm pretty sure Hugh also lives here, so hopefully I'll get to see them all again soon. Tine has some photos of the evening over on MusicIsMySecret.

oh well, yes. now I'm going to eat some frikadeller with my mother's homemade pickled beets on rye bread and read Dreamcatcher. have a nice Wednesday.

No comments: