Friday, January 6

nordic memories: fixed

on November 29th I wrote about some memories in a post called nordic memories. this post is a correction.

I wrote about my great grandmothers' childhood, but apparently my brain doesn't remember everything equally well, because the incident happened to my great grandfather and not great grandmother. whoops...

expanding the story: the city where this happened is called Skarð and has been abandoned ever since it was depopulated. my mother told me that once in a while there are planned trips to the bygd, so descendants of the people who once lived there can see the ruins and get some kind of closure. I'd very much like to go there sometime, but it won't be for a while. I'm going to the Faroe Islands this summer, but those days are filled up with birthdays and parties, and I doubt that anyone will agree, or have the time, to go on this somewhat bleak journey with me. someday I'll have to go, though, since the family history fascinates me.

2 comments:

MusicIsMySecret said...

Så tager jeg med dig. :)

Rannvá said...

det ville jeg elske! os i ødemarken. (y)